Clare Hyatt, DVM, MS, DACVECC
Day Time critical care specialist and Co-Medical Director of Emergency and Critical Care Services
Dr. Hyatt joined VESC February 6, 2017. She was awarded board certification as a Diplomate in emergency/critical care from the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ACVECC) in 2016. Over the years she has had a hand in training over 40 interns and residents, as well as numerous technicians over the years. She has received additional training in many aspects of critical care medicine including continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT), mechanical ventilation and cardiac output monitoring. Her interests include emergency ultrasound techniques, sepsis, post-operative care, mechanical ventilation, analgesia and pain management, among others.
- Residency in Small Animal Emergency/Critical Care, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Rotating Small Animal Internship VCA Veterinary Referral Associates in Gaithersburg, MD
- Small Animal emergency/critical care internship at Iowa State University in Ames, IA.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University
- Master of Science Degree, Kansas State University
- Bachelor of Science, Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, Kansas
Clare loves the outdoors and spend as much time as possible enjoying the rewards of nature. She has two of the most handsome orange cats, Julius and Sherbert, who help keep her entertained on her days off.