Julie A. Stephens, DVM, Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
Dr. Stephens joined VESCNM in 2016. While Dr. Stephens enjoys all aspects of Internal Medicine, her primary clinical interests include gastroenterology, infectious disease, endocrinology, and transfusion medicine. She performs endoscopy of the gastrointestinal, respiratory, and urinary tracts, as well as ultrasounds and ultrasound-guided procedures.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine), 2002
- Residency, Purdue University Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- Rotating Internship, Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, Veterinary Referral Associates, Gaithersberg, Maryland
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University
- Bachelor of Science, Cornell University
After working as a staff internist in two veterinary specialty hospitals on Long Island, Dr. Stephens established the Internal Medicine Department at the Katonah-Bedford Veterinary Center in Westchester, New York where she served as the head of the department from 2003-2012. Dr. Stephens also served on the medical advisory board for the BrightHeart Veterinary Network in 2010 and 2011. In 2012, Dr. Stephens left Westchester, NY to join a newly formed specialty hospital in Newtown, Connecticut and established a successful Internal Medicine practice before relocating to Albuquerque, New Mexico in 2016.